Thursday, May 16, 2013

Masturbation, It Doesn't Hurt Anyone


Let's just face it,  It feels good, it doesn't hurt anyone.  As the mother of teenagers and several children, I have no problems discussing masturbation with my children.  It won't expose them to Sexually Transmitted diseases.  They won't die from an AIDS related medical condition.  It won't get the girls pregnant or make the boys father's.  

Masturbation Month basically came about related to an incident that occurred when Former Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders commented that perhaps masturbation should be taught to children in their sexual education.  Of course, this comment was made in 1994.  It may have been a little too soon in our society for this type of a comment.  I really don't see this as being such a big issue now in 2013. 

I fully support Sexual Education,  I believe that we need to be teaching our children at an earlier age than when they may be starting puberty.    

I am a Registered Nurse with many years of experience.  What I have seen is a huge lack of knowledge about sex, about sexually transmitted diseases and  about caring for one's self. 

I believe that it is completely out of line that right now, there are young people in Intensive Care Units that are dying of AIDS related diseases.  This is a totally preventable disease.  Forget denial, there needs to be more education and prevention.  

Just my rant at the moment,

Travel nurse






No comments: