Thursday, June 6, 2013

Furries~ Kink of the Week


Furries 
 Kink Of the Week

I too, would have never considered myself a "furry" or into any fetish's related to "furries".  But then,  I opened up my new tail that arrived this week.  I asked to review it, they sent a lovely red tail.  I opened the package and pulled it out waving it around.  My teenage son then exclaimed,  "My shit,  my mother's a Furry".  Oops, I guess that I can say that I am interested in the Furry realm.

What is interesting is that my son knows all about the Furries, I on the other hand, don't know much at all.  This is a great kink of the week for research.  

For the most part this is just a group of individuals who like anthropomorphism (animals with human-like characteristics).  This includes the suits, the tails, the art work and social aspects of being part of a group.  This group has been lumped in with the fetish subculture.

Definition of Fetish, according to Mirriam Webster: an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly : a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence

b : an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion : prepossession

c : an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression
2: a rite or cult of fetish worshipers.

Most of the Furry sub culture really doesn't have any thing to do with sex,  there is erotica that involves the furries known as  “yiffy” and some of the furries have sex in their fur suits but this is not inclusive of the vast majority of furries.  In Googling "Yiffy" you can see some of the most beautiful art work.

 I don't see Furries as anything other than another group of like minded individuals who have common interests they just prefer to dress up in fur and have a good time.   Don't we all just want to belong to a group with like minded interests and with the fur suits you have some anonymity if you choose.

But enough of that,  I like the way the tail looks and I thought that it would be fun.  If this classifies me as a furry, I will take it.  I wonder, does the huge collection of Bad Dragon toys make me a "furry" also?

How is this for a match to my new hair color?
 

4 comments:

Molly said...

Ha! I have a tail too but I don't consider myself a Furry at all as I do not display any animal characteristic when I wear it, I just like it cause it feels good and looks sexy. I think being a Furry is as much about taking on the persona as it is about the dressing up. Curvaceous Dee for example has a cow persona but does not dress up as one (or least that is how I read it)

I love your new tail... the colour is lovely and yes matches your hair perfectly

Mollyxxx

Bunny said...

What a simply fantastic tail! Being a furry is quite a complicated thing for some people but if you have ever related to an animal specifically you have the potential to at least be in the fandom bit if not in the fetish bit :)

Marie Rebelle said...

The tail is lovely and I have seen many other tails that I really love too, but still I can safely say that I will never get myself one.

It IS interesting that your son knows about furries though ;)

Rebel xox

JustLikeHeaven said...

LOL at what your son said when you got your furry. I don't own any of them but would not mind it. I think they are cute.