Monday, January 14, 2013

Utopia


Couture Collection Utopia from California Exotics

Pro’s
Dual motors
Quiet
Water proof
Velvety soft silicone

Con’s
Large
Does not have that much power
Finicky battery harness
Clitoral Vibes slow when rotation is on



This is a rabbit. Yes, I finally have a true rabbit style vibe.  I can remember looking at them years ago and thinking how strange they look.  I never purchased one and then I started to purchase rabbit “style” vibes last year and found that I like the dual stimulation.  You know the ones that don’t look like rabbits but they function as a vaginal and clitoral vibe.  I found out that I liked them so now, I have a true rabbit.

The Couture Collection Utopia is made from a premium soft velvety type of silicone that does collect some lint and hair but not bad.  It has a slight drag to it that is cured with some water based lube.  The silicone shaft is somewhat flexible, especially the further down the shaft you go towards the end.  The silicone is medical grade, non porous, latex and phthalates free. There is no smell or taste to the Utopia.  It does have some slight grooves in the silicone running down the shaft but I am unable to feel the grooves with use.

The Utopia has a total length of 10 ½ inches long.  5 ¼ inches are insertable.  The Utopia has some girth to it, it has a diameter of 1 5/8  inches.  The rabbit that sits atop the shaft is a total of 3 inches long, his ears are 1 inch.  His nose sits ¾ of an inch from the shaft.  The rabbit portion has a diameter of 1 inch.  The rabbit portion is very flexible to reach different anatomies and he can even be bent to a 90 degree angle.

The Utopia runs on 3 AA batteries that fit into a harness style holder that completely comes out of the toy.  You unscrew the end cap and remove the harness making sure that the batteries are placed properly and then you reinsert the harness.  It can be quite finicky with the placement of the harness so I had to play with it to get it to work properly.  I also had issue with getting the twist cap to fit properly.

Three are three control buttons that light up when the toy is on.  The end button turns the toy on and off the middle button turns on the clitoral vibrations and the button closest to the shaft controls the shaft rotations.  To control the rotations you hit the button, there are three settings, slow,  medium and high.  When you hit the button a 4th time it turns the rotations off.

  For the clitoral vibrations you hit the middle button.  There are 3 basic vibrations that go from low, medium and high then you have patterns.  First pattern is a on and off with medium vibrations, 2nd is 3 pulsations and one longer pulse, 3rd pattern is steady longer  pulsations.  The rabbit ears really do shimmy back and forth when the vibrations are on.  There is no memory to the vibrations so when you turn it off you have to start back at the lowest settings.

The Utopia is super quiet.  This one can barely be heard with use and it definitely cannot be heard over the covers.  It is completely waterproof so you can take it in the shower with you.  I really don’t think that I would trust it’s submergibility, so I don’t take it into the bathtub.  The vibrations in the Utopia really aren’t the strongest and I found that when I turned on the rotation that the  clitoral motor slowed down.  I would say that rotations while stimulating weren’t the strongest either.

The Utopia cleans up easily with antibacterial soaps and water, toy sprays or wipes.  You can wipe it down with a 10% bleach solution but don’t put the motored toys into the dishwasher or boil them.

The Utopia is a big toy, I have a hard time fitting it into a gallon sized baggy for storage, it can be stored in the box that it came in but that too is really big.  I keep it away form my other toys so that the finish doesn’t get compromised.  I also only use water based lubes with my silicone's so that the finish doesn’t get ruined either.  You can do patch tests to see if it will interact with other types of lubes but I figure that I would rather be safe.

The Utopia comes in a large white box with a water stream on it.  There is some product information on the box.  Nothing special as far as packaging goes.

The Utopia just seems a little large as in overall length, to me and it doesn’t carry as much power as I would like to have.  The girth is great and the rotations are stimulating.  This just doesn’t seem to be the best fit for me but it is a great rabbit.  Very quiet and multiple settings and the ability to be taken to the shower.  I do love the rabbit ears with out the use of the rotating shaft.

I would rate this one a 3 out of 5 and I would say that if you are a beginner toy user that likes girth this may be the one for you!

No comments: